Despite that fact that most Americans don’t like sitting, most of us spend an average of 13 hours each day sitting and another eight hours or so sleeping. The result is a sedentary lifestyle that many people feel trapped in. Instead of getting frustrated, combat sedentary living by incorporating desk exercises at work and plant-based nutrition in your diet.
Design Your Office Workout Routine
The average American adult spends around 21 hours sitting or sleeping each day; only a third of people go to the gym; more than of the country spends less than $10 each month on staying active. Fortunately, you don’t need beaucoup bucks to start making healthier decisions that can help you live a longer, better life. From getting creative about standing to trying out easy desk exercises at work or home, simply incorporating activity into your day will result in long-term health benefits.
For example, one study found that, on average, the obese group sat an extra 2.5 hours a day more than their leaner counterparts. Further, researchers found that by simply increasing daily physical activity levels, obese women could expect to expend at least 300 more calories each day.
First, fix the way you’re sitting.
Although there is a slew of office exercises to lose weight, one of the first and best things that you can do is make sure that you’re sitting the right way. Despite the fact that so many Americans and office workers spend a bulk of their time sitting, bad posture and ill-fitting workstations are a cause for concern.
Design an ergonomic workstation
- Adjust your work chair, so your thighs are parallel with the floor while your feet are flat.
- Be sure to sit all the way back into your chair, so the backrest supports your lower back. (If your feet aren’t comfortably resting on the floor, try using a footrest to help).
- While you’re typing your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle with your wrists; adjust your chair or keyboard accordingly.
- Make sure the top of your monitor is at eye level. (If you need to refer to other documents, try using a document holder, so your work is eye level with your monitor.
- Type and staple items with as little force possible.
- If possible, adjust the lighting in your office or close the blinds to help eliminate glare.
Try stretching at your desk
If you’ve been trying to find the energy to make it to that yoga class after work, try incorporating these easy desk exercises to help stretch you out.
- Loosey Goosey: Sitting straight and tall, drop your right ear down towards your right shoulder (it’s ok if you can’t touch it!) and hold this pose for a few seconds. Repeat on the left side.
- Reach for the Sky: Reach up towards the sky, with fingers interlocked and palms facing up, stretch toward the ceiling.
- Shrug it Off: Raising both your shoulders towards your ears, simply hold the position for a few seconds before you release and repeat.
- Open up: Loop your hands behind your back, and press your palms together, Once in position, sit straight and tall; hold for up to ten seconds.
Easy desk exercises to try on for size
If you’re ready to do more than stretch and looking for office exercises to lose weight, try incorporating some of these exercises into your office workout routines.
- Take a short walk or jog in place for 45 seconds anywhere from three to five times a day.
- Try completing ten push-ups three times each day. If you’re a bit squeamish about touching the floor, never fear! There are dozens of modifications for this classic exercise.
- Hop out of your chair and complete ten squats by standing up and sitting back down.
- Try incorporating isometric exercises like squeezing your glutes as hard as you can for up to 30 seconds at a time or a wall sit.
Incorporate healthy eating into your lifestyle
While fighting the harmful impacts of sedentary living is important, when it comes to losing weight, exercise is only 25% of the formula. The rest, according to a large body of research, is dependent upon what you’re putting into your body.
According to nutritional biochemist and former director of the University of Utah’s Nutrition Clinic, an analysis of more than 700 different weight loss studies found that eating smarter resulted in better results, faster. Because it’s easier to cut calories than it is to burn them off, the best way to go about changing your lifestyle is through small sustainable changes, like incorporating the best tasting plant-based protein powder into your daily routine.
With just a handful of pure, easily digestible, and nutritious ingredients, our vanilla vegan protein powder was designed with you and your lifestyle in mind. Whether you like to start your day with a smoothie or need a pick me up in the middle of the day, PCN is packed with easily digestible proteins your body can put to work right away.
Don’t Waste Another Second with Sedentary Living
Per the World Health Organization, more than three million deaths are attributed to lack of physical activity each year. If you’ve been combing plant-based protein powder reviews or looking for a routine that fits your schedule, try incorporating these exercises into your day.
The cleanest and healthiest protein your body will love!
21G Protein • 110 Cal • 0G Sugar • 0 Fillers
ONLY 4 All Natural, Purposeful, Premium Ingredients