Deciding to incorporate whole and natural foods into your diet can help more than just your waistline; studies have shown that opting for healthier foods, like plant-based proteins, can help people live longer and healthier lives. Many plant-based foods, like pumpkins, are also rich in beta-carotene and other powerful antioxidants. Have you tried any heart-healthy pumpkin recipes?
Heart Healthy Pumpkin Recipes Perfect for the Holiday Season
There is a rich body of research suggesting that people who regularly incorporate plant-based protein recipes into their diets decrease the risk of obesity while reducing overall mortality, but where do the health benefits of pumpkins come in? As a nutrient dense, low-calorie food, virtually every part of the pumpkin has nutritional value.
4 ways pumpkins boost your body’s health
- With more than 200% of your daily intake of Vitamin A per cup of cooked, mashed pumpkin, this seasonal favorite can help protect your eyesight.
- As a high-fiber, low-calorie food, eating pumpkins can leave you feeling fuller for longer.
- The phytosterols in pumpkin seeds help your heart fight bad cholesterols.
- As a potent source of beta-carotene, according to the national cancer institute, orange foods like pumpkins may play a role in cancer prevention.
Pure Charge your plant-based protein smoothie with a pinch of pumpkin
When it comes to packing more nutrients into your diet, opting for plant-based protein recipes, like a low-calorie pumpkin recipe, will help your heart and your waistline this winter. If you find yourself feeling a little lost without your pumpkin spice latte, try this heart-healthy pumpkin recipe for a winter smoothie instead!
- One cup unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- One-half cup pumpkin puree
- One teaspoon honey, agave nectar, or sweetener of choice
- One serving of PCN Vanilla vegan protein powder
- One-half teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- One banana (medium)
- Six ice cubes
Combine ingredients in a blender and serve immediately!
Perfect Your Nutrition with PCN Plant-based Protein Recipes
If you’re looking for ways to incorporate plant-based protein recipes into your diet or wellness routine, look no further. Our plant-based protein recipes for beginners are easy to make and sourced from non-GMO products you can trust. Make the most of our plant-based diet recipes for weight loss by getting 15% off of your first order of PCN.
The cleanest and healthiest protein your body will love!
21G Protein • 110 Cal • 0G Sugar • 0 Fillers
ONLY 4 All Natural, Purposeful, Premium Ingredients